Jun 2, 2008

Hello. Again. Hello.







No, we're not dead. What a relief right? We just went on a little mini vacay. We're back now.





Ben had to go up to Queensland to arrange some details for an upcoming convention. Since the Gold Coast is the home of many theme parks and other such fun, the kids and I couldn't resist tagging along and making a long weekend {or short week however you look at it} out of it. We weren't blessed with the best weather, but we made the most of it and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.






We took the kids to Seaworld and Warner Brother's Movie World. We went swimming and hot tubbing at the hotel while Ben was in meetings. The kids loved it, they are such water babies. We walked the beach and boardwalk until dusk...




So here is a picture of the camera bag, right on the bookshelf where we left it before leaving the house. Yah, no pictures. We did have Ben's phone but that somehow maybe didn't make it home with us...








A lack of pictures won't stop me from recreating the events for you so that you can clearly picture the amount of fun we had. Here is what we basically looked like arriving at Sea World, ready for a thrilling day. Except we are not Asian and had a double stroller that the kids were sitting in.




Flash forward two days later and this is almost what we looked like on our way into Movie World



Here we are, this is really close to what we looked like ready to enter the Looney Tunes Village at Movie World

Here is the Royal Woods, where we stayed. I don't think I have spent that much time in a pool since I was 11 years old at my Granny's house.


Here we are this morning. Me in my bathrobe until noon allowing Laine to rot her brain watching cartoons while I catch up on some email, blogging, and TCB. There is the suitcase I should be unpacking, and looking for Ben's lost phone.

16 comments:

Lindsay said...

You never fail to crack me up. I love it!

Laura said...

Um, you failed to mention if you had FUN?? Of course you did.
I love your almost you family pictures--
Seriously, how could someone NOT be laughing when they read your blog??

Nicole said...

You are a riot! No one would think of doing this but you. Hilarious! That beach looks beautiful. Hope you had a great time and that you find Ben's phone.

AnneMarie said...

So sad about the camera and the phone, that stinks! But your blog about it doesn't, you're so funny! Thanks for the laugh.

Englishfam said...

Nat you never seem to disappoint. Thanks for making my day with the asian family!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like so much fun, and you all look amazing, by the way! Sorry about the phone, and I'm sure that even without pictures your kids will always remember.

Jill said...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.....Natalie, you are HILARIOUS!!! Your posts never cease to make my day. You are also very creative...and we miss you!

Gaengy said...

Where did you get your creative mind...only you miss optomistic would think of taking some random picture so we could get a feel for the trip. Thanks for the good laugh. You never cease to amaze me, and I am your mother!

Jennifer said...

Those pictures are great, so funny! I love that you called your grandma, granny, that's what I called my maternal grandma as well. What is TCB?

Kate said...

Ok, I am dying. Am I surprised? not a chance. But thanks for redocumenting the trip for us. I "looks" like "you guys" had fun!

Karmann said...

k- here is another perfect reason to why I have to say you are my favorite! You can make such a bummer of a situation and turn it into something great! You have the best sense of humor and I cant help but say that you are amazing! Your pictures were great and I could really see your beautiful blonde self, Ben and the kids in them!! Love you!!!

Mel said...

Only you would find pictures with Asian's in it and give a recap of your vacation. You are hilarious! Good luck unpacking. Blogging is a good distraction from getting things done!

Allison and Noah Riley said...

Wow. Laine looks really different when she's tan. And I seriously never would have recognized Gabe. You and Ben, however, are looking fabulous as always.

Nicole said...

I love reading your blog... it is always so entertaining! Good to have you back! We need more posts!

Palmers said...

So sad you left your camera. Good thing your funny sense of humor made up for it! You had me laughing!!

Anonymous said...

hahaha now THAT is gold! (no pun intended) :)
Glad you guys had a good time. The Gold Coast is a really beautiful place, so I've been told...

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs