Mar 21, 2009

Perth Ya'll

Okay, this was so long ago does anyone even care anymore? But I'm still doing my dangdest to get this blog caught up and up to date and I don't want to miss the big stuff.

As you may remember, we took a little jaunt to Perth, WA about 6 or 7 weeks ago. It was awesome, we loved the city and surrounds and found so much to do and see. It honestly was just beautiful and wonderful, and I personally found it to be the perfect mix of city without being so full-on like most bigger cities we usually visit.

We started off with a night in the city and took the next few days in the sleepy beach town of Rockingham. It was so just what we needed during the stress of being knee-deep into the move. It seriously was the best. We explored the beaches, hunted for dolphins, and enjoyed the boardwalk. We really just took a big deep breath and relaxed and rocked it out, as evidenced by our photos:

Gabey doing what he does best



just kickin' up his dogs after a long day of beachin' it


this was so funny, I couldn't just pick one


Kicking it along the beach, Laine spending some time in a tree

Lunching a quaint cafe 'downtown'

Diaper Dude and Dad enjoying the sunshine and some cheeks

Kisses above a gorgeous beach in R'ham

Climbing aboard the 'lollipop express'. Yeah, we made that mistake. As we were lunching we saw this train going up and down the boardwalk. It was painted bright happy colors and as soon as we let the name out, it was game over. Laine was GOING to ride that train. And purely because it had candy in the name I kid you not. The whole rest of our time spent here, every two minutes we heard 'I wanna ride the lolly etspress, I wanna ride the lolly etspress! Is it time yet to ride the lolly etspress??'

After we accomplished Laine's lifes' dream, we rocked over to Fremantle, which was a completely artsy type of sleepy town. It was one of those kinds of towns attracting those kinds of people. So naturally we fitted right in. No really though, it was a super fun stop and we found a lot to do and see mainly in the quaint weekend market we happened into



Speaking of lollies... We took a minute to do some window shopping at the market and then couldn't find Gabe. Finally we looked over and saw this, it was hilarious

Let's not be shy, we all know Australia's history. We had an awesome opportunity to visit Freemantle Prison, one of the original 'buildings' of 'the day' shall we say...



It was really neat to see it and learn more about the actual prisoners and what went on back then

It was impossible to resist this cheesy jailbirds pic

Unfortunately we have no pics of being in acutal Perth city on our Perth trip... but we had a great time there as well. We spent Australia Day there {4th of July Aussie style} watching the fireworks and throwin' another shrimp on the barby. It was really great and I'd totally go back if we get the chance!

12 comments:

Kari said...

Hey Nat! I haven't commented in a while so I thought I'd say hi. The truth is I just don't blog much anymore so I get on and catch up after a long period. It just got to the point where all my free time was spent online and I wasn't getting anything else done! You know?!

So, your trip looks awesome! What I wouldn't give to live over there for just a year! You are a cute mom and your kids are darling! They take after you and do the most random funny things. :)

Anyway, I think of you often and hope we can connect again sometime soon. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...the ocean looks fabulous! Especially when we are dying for Spring to break over here! Looks like you guys had a great time! One of my to do's for sure!

RufflesAndFringe said...

Ok, that lollyexpress looks so funny! Tell Laine to come back to UT and I can promise Lagoon has several more "lollyexpress" coming her way!!
--and this is your sister Kate...posing as being someone frugal...

Gaengy said...

cute pics...fun stories! I especially love the one of Gabe looking at the poster for candy!

Kristine L. said...

Those kids and their candy... I may be going out on a limb here, but I am guessing that their obsession with sweets comes from you. Just a guess.

Emilee said...

Looks like you had a great trip. Your kids are darling. And I'm so jealous of the beautiful beaches you were at.

Stacey said...

I love all the Gabe pics! The kickin' it and the Lolli poster, gave me a good chuckle. So you visited Perth, I heard that's out in the middle of no where, It looked pretty though. So where are living/moving exactly? Somewhere along the way I got confused.

Hayley Nelson Potter said...

Oh how fun, a beach trip sounds wonderful right now! I love the picture of Gabe just relaxing, so dang cute.

Stacey Lau said...

I've been MIA for a while with my blog and everyone else's too! Looks like you've had some changes, but just like the Nat I know and love you find the beauty and the humor in every situation. xoxo

Justin said...

Natalie you look great! The vacation sounds nice...i could use one about now. I hope you are all well...Michelle not justin ( just using his computer)

Whitney said...

alright it's official, we are so vacationing in new zealand and australia!

i think gabe gets his dancing/posing in his skivies from his aunt katie! she was always walking around in her underwear doing dances! and this was before she went through the temple...yeah, all i have to say is that thong thong thong thong thong! ;)

Emilee said...

Hey are you still there? Haven't heard from you in a while. Hope all is well.

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs