Feb 3, 2008

Possibly the world's most random post ever...in the history of the world



Many of you are already aware that the most crazy, stupid, random, hilarious things happen to me. Here are a few that haven't been mentioned yet.


1. The other day I was shopping for produce at Freshworld and a guy {yeah, perfect stranger} walks up to me and asks me to read some text messages from the girl he is dating. He wanted my expert opinon on whether I think she likes him or if she is just being polite when he continues to ask her on dates as she always has an excuse why she can't go but would really love to take a raincheck. He proceded to give me their complete dating history. I continued to wonder why this guy thought I had the time to just listen to all of these tiny, inconsequential details about 2 people I have never met! Even though he is a man, I told him to read the book "He's Just Not That Into You"

2. Ben and I were on our way to a car lot and ran into a major wreck. Traffic was going no where so we hopped the median and turned around, hoping our GPS would re-route us. I was driving, and listening intently as the directions told us to make a right and then an immediate left. When the light turned green I proceded right and then got in the far left lane so that I could go left. There was a pretty long line-up of cars, so I was thinking the must be a pretty popular road we were turning onto. We waited for a while and the light turned green but no cars went. After 3-4 lights we were getting rather furious that we hadn't moved at all. Traffic must be pretty bad up there we thought! Then Ben, the genious of the bunch appearantly, realized that even though the cars were in a lane of traffic, they were all parked with no one in them! Idiots! By that time we had seriously been waiting for like 10 minutes or more.


3. Last night we went to the movies. We stood in line to by tickets and as we got up to the front of the line there were two handicaped teenagers standing there. The girl, who was dressed in a gothic fashion, out of no where grabs me and throws her arms around me {VERY tightly} and just starts crying and saying that she is very scared. As I got her to talk and loosen up her grip on me, she said that she and her brother were waiting for their Mom, who said she would be right back. She was just crying and crying and holding on to me and saying that the crowds were making her so scared. I just held her tight right back and tried to reassure her that it was all going to be find and that there was nothing to worry about. Ben bought the tickets and even though our movie had already started we felt bad just leaving her there so we waited a few more minutes for her Mom who finally came. Even though she was wearing a dog collar with spikes around her neck, she really was so sweet! {I just reread that, K it was the young girl, not the Mom who was wearing a dog collar}





4. It would be really great if our stuff would get here sometime soon. My entire body is incredibly sore from sitting on the ground. All of our 5 dishes are perpetually dirty so we ususally have to resort to using my blender or my food processor bowl as a cup, or bowl for that matter. I also am using Gabe's shirt as a washcloth at the moment.












5. Yes, those are the gloves that my Dad made me for Christmas, they so do inpire me to get this house clean! Thanks Dad!



6. Here is a picture of the view from my bathroom window, I love the tropics! And needless to say, that is Ben and the kids in front of the house. We'll get more pics soon!




FYI We are doing much better since the last post. The babysitter I had arranged wouldn't allow me to pay her and a woman from the ward heard about my day and showed up that afternoon with dinner, dessert, and chocolates just for me. Everyone has just been so great. The next day the A/C people came and we are all fixed up. We really love it here, and even though it is so hard and stressful at times {even the happy good times are stressful at times!} we know that this is where we are supposed to be and we will get over this adjustment phase and we'll be laughing {to borrow and Australian expression}

14 comments:

Jenni said...

Your stories are hilarious. I think you have to have things like that to make life interesting. It seems you just need a more interesting life then most so these experiences happen to you more often then others. Moving across the world (more then once), adjusting to a new culture with two little ones, helping girls who wear a spike collar, giving relationship advice to strangers etc. It is great. Oh and your house looks so nice. I love the style of it. I think it would be fun to live in a less traditional home then what plagues Utah and Idaho. I hope your stuff arrives soon!

Jocee Bergeson said...

Please tell me you are KIDDING about that being the view from you bathroom window. If you're serious, that is no fair. GORGEOUS!!! Please post tons more pics of your house and area soon. So fun to see! :)

Oh, email me an update on your house sell situation. Is it empty/renter/still up for sale? Hope it is going ok.

Jocee Bergeson said...

Oh, and is that a single dwelling house or like a shared housing situation...I can't quite tell. :)

Jennifer said...

Loved those stories! You're seriously a hoot! Great pictures too. I hope your stuff arrives soon, but your home and view look fabulous!

Natalie Que said...

Dear Jocee {and anyone else who cares},

No, that is not a fake pic, that really is our view. It is our neighbor's yard and it is incredible. Our back yard is a nice size but not landscaped quite so lush, but great that we get to see theirs!

It is a single dwelling house and the neighborhood is fantastic. Our neighbors are great and so nice! It is at the top of a cul-de-sac which is really nice for the kids, not a lot of traffic. It is way different than Utah, it is an older house, but we are getting used to it!

Anonymous said...

Your house looks great. The view is amazing. I felt like I was both crying and laughing with you as I read your last posts. I have been there first-hand for some of your "interesting" situations, so I can imagine all these things so well. Hang in there until your stuff arrives, having lived through this I feel your pain!

Lots of love,
Stace

Nicole said...

I am seriously laughing so hard that Nick stopped the Tivoed American Idol that he is watching to see what I am doing. Those stories are totally random and hilarious. Love the gloves, wish I could have been there for that part, hilarious! When are you going to be back on Skype? Can't wait to talk to you!

Gaengy said...

Wow Nat...I dont know anyone else that could even compete with those stories. I can not even imagine all that stuff happening! I was laughing so hard at thinking of you in the store with the 2 kids giving counseling sessions. Maybe that could be a part time job for you...you could set up a booth or something. Just like the ole times with the dancing lessons, photgraphy lessons, ski resort etc etc, I guess when you are a natural why fight it!!
Love and miss you MOM

Kristine L. said...

Haha, nice "candid" pictures. I am glad things are going better for you. Look at little Gabey with his highwaters. So sweet.

To answer your questions... I pay rent through a management company. However, the people that actually own the property, their daughter lives there. But she is rarely there, doesn't pay utilities, comes in and out... so there was just confusion as to if she REALLY was supposed to be living there. She is going to start paying utilities, but can you say awkward? Listen, all I want is my check... now hand it over!

P.S. I am going to the post office to send off your invite!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for leaving me a note...we are in American Fork! Wahoo! I like the area, we have been here for about a year and a half. I would love to get together when you come in town sometime!
By the way your kids are ADORABLE! And I love there names too! So cute!
I am so entertained by your posts...you are a good writer!
PS...you are NOT going to pay me any money...I swear that you paid me back in the day anyways!

Mel said...

Natalie I LOVE YOUR HOUSE!! It is so original!! You don't see houses like that around here. Love the view. Your stories are so random I would think you had made them up but weird stuff just happens to you. I am still laughing.

Kari said...

You are so funny! I think your life should be made into a movie. :)

I love your house too! I think you should take pictures of the inside too. I can't believe you get to live in such a beautiful place. Jealous.

Leah Miller said...

I LOVE the house!! I need to come visit. LOL at all your random stories.

Courtney ♥ said...

Man you make me laugh- I love all your random posts. CRAZY time you have been having there_don"t worry things will calm down and probably get boring! Keep the stories coming. miss ya.

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs