Mar 16, 2008

One More Thing...


I know I mentioned something about the shirts my Dad gives us for Christmas but haven't yet posted pics of the shirts we got this past year. So I thought it was a Christmas tradition, but I guess it has now become a "anytime when we are all together" tradition, and my Dad felt it appropriate to give out some shirts at Kristine and Jordan's wedding dinner. Here we are pre-shirts, enjoying our evening. It was about to get a whole lot funnier.


Nick with his Borat shirt -Very Nice! Nicole with her Mr. Roger's Neighborhood "It's Good in the Hood" shirt

Jordan Getting his first shirt! Congratulations and welcome to the family! His has baby chicks that are thugs and says, "Give a shout out to my Peeps"


Katie in her "To Serve and Protect Shirt", Kristine and Hannah in matching Napoleon Dynamite Shirts


Ben's says "Thumb Wrestling Champion 1984" Mine is a pic of a monkey farting and his friend falls off the tree because of the stink. The caption reads: Silent but Deadly. Nice.

I should give some history of how the tradition has evolved over the years. It started with Christmas Eve Pajamas, nice and normal. But over the years, Dad started to get more and more involved in the selection of the jammies and learned yet another way to get a rise out of his girls. I think his favorite year was the year he gave Katie and me housecoats, which we called our "frocks". We have the footage to prove this was his favorite year, he is just laughing his head off as we are totally wondering why he thought we wanted to look like 60 year old women.

It then evolved into shirts from purchased a store frequented by a certain ethnic race we all know and love {especially their food}, but is not really frequented by us Crackers. Not until Kevin shows up anyway. Thanks for the laughs Dad, you're one in a Bajillion.

8 comments:

Andrea said...

I soooo want in on this tradition. How awesome!

Nicole said...

I left it out on my post so that you could mention it. . . you are really the one who should have gotten the thumb wrestling champion shirt. Those thumbs of yours were given to you for a reason. They are genetic's gift to you.

Gaengy said...

I love the pic of dad with the flashlight on his head. He had one in his hand for all of you, but when he went to pay, they were not on sale (he had seen them in the flyer at Harbor freight) so he put them back. Maybe next time. Hannah and I have matching ones which we will have on hand in an emergency since dad will not be with us in an emergency! Got to love your dad!

Kate said...

Even though I have seen all these posts I am still laughing so hard. I especially love the part about the Mexicans, too funny! I hope you and your monkey fart have had some good times together!

Jeanine said...

What a fun tradition! That would be so fun! It is really fun to see pictures of your family too! I am glad you guys made it home in one piece!

Mel said...

Natalie are you for real? Seriously you have the best stories!! Your dad is too funny. I want that tradition in our family. The shirts are classic. I am sure Jordan is wondering what he got himself in to :)

Lindsay said...

This is SO funny. Your dad sounds like a funny man- Nice shirts!

Jennifer said...

I thought you were such a fun person when I first met you. Now I know where you get it from- you have an awesome family!

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs