Oct 23, 2007

Couples Golf!

A couple of weeks ago, Ben and I enjoyed a lovely round of golf with Kristine and Jordan (my sister and her boyfriend). The air was brisk and the sun was shining, a perfect day for golf! I got to use my new pink clubs that Ben bought me, an awfully nice "just because" gift, don't you think? Should I be worried?...
Actually, I know how his scheming mind works. He knew if he could get me into the sport, by way of the color pink, I would go golfing with him, ensuring him more golf time. It worked! How is it that we women are so easily bought-off?! I can hardly imagine Ben being excited about cooking, cleaning, jewelry making, or crafting if I bought him stylish accoutrements, even if they were Aggie blue...

So here we are setting out. I did consider playing in those heels, but thought better of it and changed into my tenny runners

The course was gorgeous with all of the beautiful fall colors, and there were deer everywhere. Though they didn't want to be my friend, no matter how hard I tried


That's me, the expert driver

The expert driver once again

Okay, not really! But it was better than this!! It is a good thing that Tiene is so smart and talented, I fear she won't be able to rely on golf, sorry Tiene!


Kristine and Jordan, awww.... Thanks again to Grams for watching this kids so we could go!

12 comments:

Kristine L. said...

YOU BUTTMUNCH!!!! That's it... I am changing my password although it has been the one I have had for years!

And mind you, it was my first time EVER swinging a club and if you remember, I actually did better on that hole than you did. Plus, I think a lot of it has to do with the camera angle and timing.

Natalie Que said...

Hahahaha!

For everyone who cares why she is calling me a buttmunch...

She made the mistake of giving me her password and username to her blog. When her and my other dork sister took a bunch of dorky pics of themselves with my camera I posted them to her blog. Too bad she erased it, it was good fun!

Anonymous said...

Natalie,

I'm glad that you found my silly little blog. Talk about a great blogger...

I tried to golf once. I got all set up and took a big swing, and the ball hit the guy standing next to us. Isn't the ball supposed to go forward? I don't think I will be trying that again anytime soon. I would rather be shopping. Brandon can go golfing all he wants!

Thanks for the comments. Your kids are beautiful. Happy Birthday Gabe! How fun to be one!

Manduk said...

Who is the smokin' blonde on the course? With that kind of eye candy, who wouldn't want to spend as much time as possible on the course?

Nicole said...

Golfing is so much harder than it looks! I have only been to the driving range, because I would take me about 45 hits to get it to the hole, I can't seem to hit it hard enough. It is fun though, and talk about a stress reliever hitting that little ball as hard as you can! I am bummed that I missed the post you made on Kristine's blog, of all of the times that I check her blog and she hasn't updated it, then you make a post and I miss it. Maybe, you could just email me the pics!

The Wells Family said...

You sound just like me! Anything with pink and I am in! Rob now collects pink golf balls whenever he goes and brings them back to me in hopes that it will excite me to go with him. I am VERY close...I told him I wanted pink golf clubs for Christmas. I really don't have a choice about the golf thing...Rob and Bobby are insane with it. I guess I should be part of the family?!? :) And golfing is SOOO hard! How the heck and I supposed to keep this arm straight, curve this, bend that??? One of these days...

Natalie Que said...

Deb, have Rob get in contact with Ben. He got and INSANE deal on the clubs!

Englishfam said...

Nat you look like you are ready to walk the catwalk instead of going golfing! What a cute outfit, I love the stilletos! I have never golfed but James would love it if I did. You have inspired to me to actually think about it! Also thank you for your nice words about my uncle. I really do feel so lucky to have such a great family. You're the best!

Mel said...

Man the pink golf clubs, I would totally be won over. I love your blog and have been reading for awhile!! You and your family are darling! I started a blog thanks to Heather. It is carlmelwhiting.blogspot.com Love Melanie Tenney whiting

Jennifer said...

Cute pink clubs. Len & I joke that if we ever have power tools, they'll be powder pink because they'll be mine. You know I'd love to whip up a piece of furniture like they do in all those decorating shows. Anyway, no 4th baby yet, would just like to start trying next May =).

Cam and Josie said...

Well look who it is, thats cool your sis found us. Looks like you have your hands full now. Were excited to have our first on the way. We should get Casey and Kyle to get there own blog since there practically married to eachother... Good to hear from ya.

Lis said...

Well happy birthday to gabe, how fun! Looks like a fun celebration!
And I am impressed that you golf. I have, but I don't think Marco would ever consider getting me my own clubs. ;)
Any luck w/ home buyers?? That street is just lined w/ for sale signs, what is the story? Good luck though!

 
Blog Design By: Sherbet Blossom Designs